Thursday, August 11, 2011

Days Ten and Eleven

View from my bedroom
 So the past two days were not too eventful so I’m just combining them into one post. Since my host mom was at the summer house, my host dad was at work, my youngest host brother is away sailing camp and the other two host brothers like to sleep until two or three, I spent a lot of time studying my Swedish. I also used sticky notes to make my ‘Swedish Word Wall’. Every time I learn a new word, I am going to write it on a sticky note then stick it up on the wall.
I spent a little bit of time downtown with Johan and his friend but it was pouring rain most of the days so we just sat in a café for a couple of hours. I also spent some time at an ICA, which is like the Swedish Wal-Mart, but not fat and disgusting, so more like the grocery version of IKEA. Grocery stores here have this awesome thing where you actually check out with the cool little scanner beepy thing when you put the item in your cart, so you don’t have to wait in a line. I’m not really sure how it works, but is seems really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment