Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 23

Today there was a sort of welcoming party for the first years at my school. I’m in the second year, but Johan helped set it up and told me I should go. I had to take them tram there and back by myself, and I didn’t get lost what-so-ever! I was very proud of myself. When I got there I just sort of followed people around having absolutely no idea where I was supposed to go. Finally I found someone in charge and in very broken Swedish told them that I was an exchange student and had no idea where I was supposed to go. They led me to the principle area and I met with music head master and got registered for my class and got some stuff figured out. Then I went and stood awkwardly in the middle of the courtyard. All of the other students already knew at least one other person there and none of them where in my class. Finally a girl came up to me and started chattering away at me in Swedish. I said ‘Jag är utbytesstudent. Min svenska är inte bra’ (I am an exchange student, my Swedish is not good) She got very excited and told me to follow her. Turns out her friend was from England and spoke fluent English and she was leaving for a short term exchange to Korea in a week so we chatted in svengelska (Swenglish) for a while and then she gave me a tour of the school. I also found out the my school has a movie club and a Rubik’s cube club, I think I’m going to enjoy this year. After the thing at school was over, I took the tram home and studied my Swedish for a couple of hours (my Swedish Word Wall has exploded.) My first day of school is tomorrow, but I real classes don’t start until next Tuesday, I think.

Sorry if my posts are rambling and confusing. My English is steadily getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment