Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Am Behind

So I have been terrible about posting, and I have no excuse for it. School was school, and so I can catch up, I will just talk about this past weekend which we had a Rotary event!
Back Row Left to Right: Dakota (Colorado), Chico (Brazil), Nick (Australia)
Next Row Down: Elsa (France), Me (Colorado), Simon (Australia)
Next Row Down Starting With Tall Standing Guy: Spencer (Washington), Natasha (Canada), Jessica (Australia
Bottom Row: Chihiro (Japan), Satomi (Japan), Elisa (Italy), Margo (Colorado), Sophie (Canada)
Congratulations if you actually read through that.

Now for the story: On Thursday, I left school at noon with Satomi and we went back to my house, where I finished packing and we ate lunch. At about two we took the tram back into town and on the way we met up with Elisa. Then we went to Central Station where we managed to just miss our bus, but it was okay because we met up with Elsa, the French exchange student. We caught the next bus which was a double decker! Of course we rode on the top level and a little bit into the ride Spencer joined up with us. The bus took about an hour and we spent most of the time joking around. They kept commenting on how much emotion I show when I talk and then Spencer and I started making fun of the fact that his school had a textiles program. When we arrived in Borås, we caught a train to Fristad. Apparently we didn’t have the right tickets though, but the guy was nice and didn’t fine us because we were all foreigners. Once we arrived we walked over to the folk university and met up with the rest of the exchangers and our district chair. We put our stuff in our rooms and then we ate dinner, which was just bread and lunch meat. After dinner we had a language test which was very difficult but actually went quite well. Once the test was done, our district chair left and we watched a movie, then one of the Australians, another American, the French girl and I went back to the house and hung out in the common room all night.
The next morning we got up at six to go to our district chair’s Rotary club. The breakfast was good, but I had trouble staying awake for the presentation. After Rotary we went to our district chair’s Swedish as a Second Language class where we did presentations with her students. After the class we took the bus back to Fristad and ate lunch then we practiced our African dance that we will do at the district conference. The rest of the day was pretty lazy and we were so tired we went to bed pretty early.
On Saturday we got to sleep in a little and then we did official Rotary business for a few hours before we all took off. About ten of us took the bus back to Göteborg and while we were waiting at the bus station this funny guy with a giant double chin came up. He was obviously a bit scared by the large amount of foreigners packed into the stop, and he didn’t speak any English and a lot of us didn’t speak much Swedish. But for those of us that could understand him (I could understand!) we translated and he was saying how great it was that we were loud and laughed and sang with each other because most Swedish teenagers are pretty quiet with their friends. Once we arrived back in Göteborg we did a little bit of shopping and then Sophie (canada) came back to my house where we got ready for a party. The party was at a big arena, sponsored by some radio station. We stayed until about midnight and the Sophie and I took the tram back and we went to sleep.
On Sunday Sophie and I both woke up not feeling so great probably just because of the exhaustion. We slept pretty late and then we went back into the city around one where I dropped her off to catch her train back to Varberg. After that I went back home and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment